Mon 26 Nov 2018 (9:00 AM) - Tue 27 Nov 2018 (4:00 PM)
North Lakes Resort Golf Club, 33 Bridgeport Drive, North Lakes, QLD, 4509View map
|Trainer||Michael Durrant (AUS)|
|Includes||Catering, handbook and certificate|
A Two Day Intensive Workshop
Do you work with complex clients in limited time? Do your clients focus on the problem rather than a solution?
Would you like an evidenced based approach that is effective in 65-83% of cases and just 4-5 sessions?
Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) offers professionals an efficient, user-friendly and research-supported approach that is responsive to the practical realities of working with young people and adults. The role of counsellors, and other professionals rests largely on the ability to interact with people in ways that emphasises individuals’ strengths/ resources, identifies possible solutions and supports movement to change.
With an emphasis on “what works”, SFBT focuses on the reality that change is the name of the game. It's used with clients with anxiety, depression, trauma, disruptive behaviours and a host of other emotional and well-being issues. This popular workshop offers a thorough overview of the approach and covers cases from substance abuse, trauma, mental health, child and adolescent difficulties. You will learn:
- Why the fundamental shift from “problem-driven” to “solution-driven” can dramatically change the outcome of any interaction.
- How to use cooperative relationships and an individual’s language, beliefs and preferences to define changeable problems, and develop highly meaningful and specific goals.
- When and how to use a range of techniques and tools; through detailed demonstrations, skills practice exercises, discussions and video examples of ACTUAL therapy sessions.
- How the use of “future-focused” questions, building on exceptions and reframing of problems, shifts people away from the problem and towards change.
- What the theoretical and philosophical underpinnings of the approach are, and why the resilience research supports it.
- Why presenting ideas and interventions as “suggestions” and “experiments” instead of directives can improve the likelihood of clients taking action once they leave your office.
- How issues such as “risk” fit with the Solution-Focused approach.
This 'flag-ship' workshop has been the introduction to Solution Focus Practice for Australia's leading practitioners. Comprehensive, thought-provoking and inspiring, participants can't wait to get back to their workplace to practice.
Presented by: Michael Durrant (AUS)
North Lakes (Brisbane)
Mon 26 Nov 2018 (9:00 AM) - Tue 27 Nov 2018 (4:00 PM) Add to calendar