Solution Focused Practice in Schools
80 Ideas and Strategies
Solution Focused practice is a change-focused approach to enabling people of all ages to make progress in their lives by emphasising what is wanted in the future, amplifying successes and highlighting the capacities and skills available to support progress.
Grounded in the reality of the day to day challenges of school life, Solution Focused Practice in Schools: 80 ideas and strategies offers dynamic, practical, down to earth and jargon-free applications of the SF approach that can create energy and movement in even the toughest of situations.
From working with individuals to considering organisational developments, this book explores the SF approach using numerous examples and sample questions that can be adapted for any situation and whether the time available is long or short.
The reader will gain ideas about how to:
- move beyond 'don't know' responses in individual discussions with students to create dialogues where difference and change can occur
- invite classes into constructive conversations about building the classroom environment that brings out the best in students, whether there has been a concern or not
- address key issues such as confidence, motivation, resilience and dealing with setbacks
- build detail around potential and effective futures in coaching, consultations and meetings
- support the development of policies and procedures at an organisational level
- support solution-based conversations using play, role play, video and other creative techniques.
This book is an excellent resource for managers, teachers, SENCOs, mentors, counsellors, coaches, psychologists, social workers and all those who work in a supportive capacity in schools to promote the learning and well being of both students and staff.
1. Solution Focused Practice in schools (introduction)
2. Focused teacher: working in the classroom
3. The Solution Focused school: thinking about the organisation
4. The Solution Focused coach: working with individual students
5. Solution Focused supporters: from psychologists to lunchtime supervisors
6. Solution Focused groupwork
7. Solution Focused practice at work: a project in a primary and in a secondary school 8. Materials
|Medium||Pbk | 138 Pages|
|Author||Yasmin Ajmal, Harvey Ratner|