Transforming Behaviour in the Classroom
A Solution-Focused Guide for New Teachers
Being able to effectively manage the behaviour in your classroom is one of the basic foundations of good teaching. However creating a positive productive learning environment is challenging as the causes of behavioural issues can be complex and difficult to identify.
This book presents a solution-focused approach to behaviour management in primary and secondary schools, starting with the child and offering a flexible methodology and practical strategies for facilitating long-term positive behaviour.
Key coverage includes: An overview of main approaches to behaviour management drawing from educational theory and research; Case studies throughout the book exploring key strategies and issues; How to develop confidence in the classroom as a new teacher; Neuroscience and behaviour: what can we learn from recent scientific discoveries?
- What do we mean by behaviour?
- Becoming the best teacher you can be
- Developing confidence in practice
- Making sense of behaviour problems
- Being solution focused in school
- Motivation and changing behaviour
- Talking about pedagogy
- Changing habits and changing thinking
- The practical work of changing behaviour
|Medium||Pbk | 176 pages|